Sunday, March 13, 2011

We're HOME!

We are finally together, after 5 long months of separation. We hope you will be able to come visit soon so see in person.  The home stats: 7 bedrooms, 4 baths, 4550 square feet.  We are thrilled to be here.  Here are some photos to give you an idea of what the house looks like.
Formal Living Room


Formal Dining Room
I have always wanted to have a formal dining room.  We plan on using it more often than Thanksgiving and Christmas.  We don't have a fancy table or china, but we will enjoy it anyway.

The living room and dining room are in the front of the house, right as you walk in the entry way. Dining room on left and living room on the right as you come in the front door.

We put our piano and best couch and love seat in the formal living room.  The main floor family room has the fireplace and our junky couch.


Family Room
Kitchen
Try to ignore the look on my face as I was surprised to be photographed while I was filling out papers for school.  The kitchen is awesome and you can see the buffet to the right side and the table with benches behind me which were part of the sale.  The whole house has superior construction from our last home.  You can really see that in the kitchen when you are cooking and the appliances are just better.
Laundry area
Craft Room
One of my favorite features of the house is the laundry/craft room.  It is very spacious and I have already unpacked our boxes and still have unused drawers and cupboards in there.  It is great to have a place for my sewing machine to be set up.  I have let the kids know that this room is MINE and they are to keep out unless I give my express consent.  It is so nice to have a space for just ME.



I think the stairway is pretty too.

Hailey's Room

There is a mural on the wall of Hailey's room.  I asked the previous owner about it and she told me her daughter had a fondness for monkeys at one time.  Their friend came and painted the mural for her.  They didn't want to paint over it because it was a labor of love unless it was a stumbling block for the sale of their house.  I am glad they didn't because it is fun for the kids.  All the kids fought over the room in the beginning.  Kyle and Macey opted for larger rooms in the basement.  Becca wants flowers painted on her walls.  The office is in another bedroom upstairs.  By default, Hailey wins.


We feel so blessed to have the home we wanted.  We loved it from the first time we saw it.  The other feature that it has is a storage room in the basement for all our food storage.  That is something I had at the top of my list when house hunting.  This house meets all our needs and just about all our wants.  The previous owners even gave us some bonus items like a double shot basketball game and a Foosball table as well as storage lockers in the garage.  The wait was worth it.





2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!! When do I get to come help decorate??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karina- we will be building storage shelves sometime this month. After that, I will have to start saving my money to get some new decor items. Not sure what kind of budget I will be needing but I would love your help when I get some cash. :)

    ReplyDelete