Thursday, May 3, 2012

Women's Conference at BYU

 It has been an annual tradition in the Dixon family to go to Women's Conference.  This is the first year that Shannon and Sarah (nieces) went with us.  It is always fun to be back on campus and remember my days at BYU.  As Shannon prepares to head to Provo in the Fall, it was fun to talk to her about the campus and what she can expect with a few things.

The best part of Women's Conference is seeing 15,000 women who are just like me in certain ways.  We all have our own trials and family circumstances.  It is just good to know that everyone is fighting the same fight.  We are all trying to raise righteous families and keep our own heads on straight.  I love to people watch at this kind of event.  It is fun to see that there are women of all ages, body types, and personalities trying to get to the same place I am.  That brings me some extra strength to know that I am not alone.
The other best part of Women's Conference is going to classes on a variety of topics.  I always learn something new.  That gives me motivation to try harder and to try new ways of doing things.

Till next year, I'll be missing all 15,000 of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment