Friday, December 16, 2011

"You owe your life to dental hygiene"- Batman

A while back, my sister Jalyn shared this with me.  I couldn't stop laughing about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mdKrNT29kE

An update on the job situation:

I am officially working for Dr. Coleen Crowley Jarvis at Jarvis Dental in Meridian.  She is great.  She goes by Dr. Crowley because he father in law is Dr. Jarvis (general dentist) and her husband is also Dr. Jarvis (orthodontist).  To keep things straight, she decided to go by her maiden name.  I have been filling in as their schedule was very busy for the last few months and I told her I was looking to work one full day per week.  She told me she was thinking of having a double hygiene day (2 hygienists working at once) per week.  What a perfect fit!  She was in the process of buying out her partner (father in law) so that she could be on her own.  That happened on November 16th.  So then she had the power and ability to hire her own employees and make her own decisions about her practice.  Previously she was more like an employee to her partner.  I am excited to know that I will have a constant position at one office. 

On a side note, in a past blog post I wrote about having my heart broken over not being hired for Dr. Davis.  Well, I still really love that office.  I have been working there still even after the weird, messy situation.  I love the people and it is just fun to be there.  However....I am so glad to have some stability and not wonder what was going on and what would happen next.  I am not at liberty to explain it all because I think it could be hurtful to certain individuals but I am glad things worked out the way they did.  Dr. Davis called to explain things and he wanted me to know what he was thinking that he never said.  Long story short, we are all good and I'm happy to fill in when they need me to, but I am glad that I will be with Dr. Crowley.

Yet another great blessing to me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment