Monday, January 30, 2012

Religion and Politics

I am not a fan of politics in general. I hate that it's a big fight over "he said______ or he did_____." All you hear is what a scumbag the other guy is.

We really have to be careful when we are highly passionate about a subject not to offend everyone around us. Religion and politics are not good conversation starters when in mixed company. It notoriously causes contention and bad feelings if not handled correctly. I have my opinions and points of view of religion and politics. However, I think sometimes for certain people, it is better not to even bring the subjects up, knowing full well that there will be a war. It is possible to have a conversation with most people that is mutually respectful. Some people are not capable of having such a conversation without getting all riled up. They start spewing hatred toward someone else because of their passionate views.

Lately, my religion has been attacked (or sometimes defended) while in the middle of a political discussion thanks to a Mormon running for President. I will keep my opinions about politics to myself in the discussion, but let me just say that I have been hurt by things said in the news or on radio about people that have hatred towards the church. If you have a good reason not to vote for a person, so be it. I just hate the labels and anti-Mormon crap spewing from all over the place. If you don't want to be a Mormon, that's your choice-(Agency to be exact). But why do you have to make it the center of your life to tell everyone you can how much you HATE my church? Why can't you just let things go and move on with your life? Why do you have to try to bring everybody down with you?

I don't hate anybody. I believe there is a lot of evil in the world. I don't, however, point my finger toward any group of people and say they are evil. Christ taught love and forgiveness. I'm doing my best to try to live by those standards. I just wish everybody that hates my church would go find a constructive way to live rather than to beat people like me down that haven't ever done anything to hurt anybody in their lifetime.

Enough said. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment