Monday, October 31, 2011

I *heart* Pocatello

So yesterday I found out some big changes have occurred in Pocatello for our previous ward.  The rumors have been going on for a few years now, but the ward has finally split.  The Pocatello 52nd ward and the 41st ward have had boundary changes so that there are now three wards from the two.  My previous boss is the Bishop in the 41st ward- funny story how I ended up working there not knowing who he was when I got the job- but we'll save that for another time.

So my friend Marie's husband is the new Bishop of the 29th ward (newly created).  I called my friend Amy yesterday and she told me all about the changes and where the boundaries are.  After talking to her about people and the changes, I felt a bit homesick.  I miss those people. I love them.  I grew to know everyone and I worry about them still.   I almost yearn to see them again and not just in passing.  I want to go to their homes and sit with them and hear about their lives and what changes have taken place.

In our new ward here in Boise, some similar changes took affect a few months ago.  We hardly knew anyone, so there wasn't any emotional attachment to where our ward boundaries are.  The members of our ward here feel it though.  I know change is inevitable and it is good to grow.   It's just hard to say goodbye or see you later.

There will always be a special place in my heart for Pocatello.  Some people think it's the armpit of Idaho.  They didn't live in the Pocatello 52nd ward or in my neighborhood.  They don't know what they are missing out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment